Non-slip socks are the perfect DIY gift that your kid can make for friends and family. Don’t empty your wallet forking out money for your child’s gifts! With just a few inexpensive and readily available materials, your child can check a friend or relative off of his gift list. This delightfully simple non-slip socks activity results in colorful socks that prevent sliding on hardwood floors. The recipient of these non-slip socks will be ever so grateful, while your child will be proud to give away this thoughtful gift! Make a pair of non-slip socks with your kid for wholesome family fun.
What You Need:
- Clean cotton socks, adult size
- Fabric paint in assorted colors
- Old newspaper
What You Do:
- Show your child how to wash and dry the cotton socks. This beginning step provides an opportunity to familiarize him with the laundry room!
- Make sure your child’s workspace is lined with newspaper. This painting involved in this project can get messy!
- Arrange the socks, bottoms up, with on the paper. Invite your child to paint the bottoms of the socks with fabric paint, either with a design or in a random pattern.
- Let the socks dry thoroughly, at least overnight.
Your child can easily wrap these fluffy socks up in a gift bag or with wrapping paper, making it a gift your child can make independently. He will knock someone’s socks off with this one!
Kate is the founder of Learn and Grow Books, which is a website for parents and teachers of pre-K children.